Alec Baldwin hasn’t turned over his cellphone to investigators in the Rust shooting — but his lawyer says it’s coming. 

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office took the unusual step Thursday of issuing a press release to state that detectives are still attempting to get Baldwin’s phone. Baldwin — the star of Rust as well as film producer — was holding an antique prop gun in his hand Oct. 21 when it discharged during rehearsal and a live round fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza.

The press release stated that despite being granted a warrant on Dec. 16, “the cellphone has not been turned over to authorities.” It also noted that the department had been in “negotiations with Mr. Baldwin’s attorney” over the transfer of the phone since Dec. 21. 

(Screenshot: Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office)

On the heels of that release, the attorney Baldwin hired to represent him in the deadly shooting said the sheriff’s office will be receiving the phone imminently. However, no specific date was mentioned.

“We reached an agreement last weekend with the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office, and Mr. Baldwin’s phone is being turned over this week …read more


Source:: AOL.com

      

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *