Summary List Placement
Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get started.
1. From Facebook to Apple, here’s how corporate America responded to Derek Chauvin’s guilty verdict. After the ex-cop was found guilty of murdering George Floyd, Big Tech’s CEOs posted on social media and sent internal memos to employees. This is what some of the top execs said.
2. Microsoft research shows back-to-back virtual meetings make you stressed, but there’s a cure. Researchers found that taking mini breaks can help your brain reset in between long stretches of video meetings. How breaks serve as the antidote to meeting fatigue.
3. A leaked memo shows how Amazon forces out employees each year. Amazon strives to get rid of about 6% of its employees every year — voluntarily or otherwise. An internal memo sheds light on one of the company’s strategies for pushing them out. Read the details here.
4. Some Whole Foods customers can now pay with a palm print. Amazon installed hand scanners in seven Seattle grocery stores that will allow shoppers to pay with their palm. Here’s how they work.
5. Suspected Chinese agents have been hacking US …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech