Summary List Placement
Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get started.
1. Will.i.am teamed up with a SpaceX designer to create a $300 smart face mask. The face mask is Bluetooth-enabled, and has HEPA filters, built-in headphones and more. Check out the Xupermask — and all its high-tech features — here.
2. Twitter will not let the US National Archives preserve Trump’s tweets on the platform. It’s become custom for NARA to archive former presidents’ social media accounts, but Twitter is preventing the preservation of Trump’s tweets because of his suspension. This is how they’ll preserve the account instead.
3. Employees of Goldman Sachs’ consumer business, Marcus, are quitting in droves. Three chief technology officers and nearly half a dozen other tech leaders have quit, with many citing burnout and “top-down” management. Here’s what spurred an “avalanche” of exits.
4. Lyft’s president supports a higher corporate tax rate to pay for Biden’s $2 trillion infrastructure plan. John Zimmer voiced his support for the plan, which would include a 28% corporate tax rate. More on the increase, which he called a “smart investment.”
5. Facebook said the leak of 533 million …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech