Summary List Placement
Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get started.
1. Volkswagen’s April Fools’ Day joke went terribly wrong. A press release from the automaker said it would rebrand to “Voltswagen,” signaling its commitment to electric mobility. Unfortunately, almost no one got the joke — including Wall Street. How a prank gone wrong affected the company’s stock.
2. You’ll soon be able to escape Facebook’s oft-criticized algorithm. The tech giant will be giving its users more control over what they see on their News Feed, offering an escape from its algorithm. Here’s what else you can expect when you log in.
3. LinkedIn could be Clubhouse’s next competitor. The professional networking site is in the early stages of testing audio features similar to those on Clubhouse, the buzzy new audio app. See a mockup of LinkedIn’s audio features.
4. Leaked documents reveal how Amazon built a Twitter army to defend itself from criticism. In a secret project codenamed “Veritas,” the retailer coached employees how to “set the record straight” and rebut online critics. Read details from the leaked documents.
5. H&M pledged its “long-term commitment” to China after its …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech