Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
For the biggest stories in politics, sign up here for 10 Things in Politics You Need to Know Today — launching soon!
Here’s what you need to know before markets open.
1. Global shares ease as vaccine euphoria wanes. See how markets are reacting to a raft of new COVID-19 restrictions on movement across the US.
2. Tesla shares soared 13% as the electric-car maker is set to become one of the 10 most valuable companies in the S&P 500 index on December 21.
3. Elon Musk’s wealth grew by $15 billion after Tesla finally scored an entry into the S&P 500 index. The billionaire is on track to become the world’s third-richest individual.
4. Europe’s pandemic debt burden is large but sustainable. Low interest rates in the eurozone mean the cost of payments on this debt burden will be contained for years to come, said ECB chief economist Philip Lane.
5. The S&P 500 will climb 8% in 2021. Investors should seek out companies that can deliver earnings growth that hasn’t yet been priced …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Finance