Summary List Placement
Two-factor authentication, or two-step verification, provides an additional level of security to your Google account if your password is stolen. When it’s set up, you’ll need your password and phone to sign in to your account.
Here’s how it’s done.
How to set up two-factor authentication on Google
1. Go to your Google Account.
2. In the navigation panel on the left side of the screen, click “Security.”
3. Scroll down to the “Signing in to Google” section, and click “2-Step Verification.”
4. Then click “Get started” and follow the on-screen instructions to set up two-factor authentication. If you’re unable to set up this feature, which may happen if your account is associated with work or school, Google recommends contacting your administrator.
How to verify Google Account sign-ins with a second step
As the name implies, you’ll need to complete a second step when signing in to your account after setting up 2-Step Verification.
1. On a computer or mobile device, you can choose either to enter a verification code texted to your phone, or to tap a prompt sent to your phone. Google recommends signing in with Google prompts for convenience …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech