Summary List Placement
If you use the Skype mobile app or desktop app, you can have private text conversations and voice calls. Private conversations have full end-to-end encryption, so they’re more secure than standard messages.
Because they are designed to be secure, private conversations aren’t copied or shared between devices in the same account, so you can’t continue a private conversation on a different device.
How to start a private conversation on Skype on the desktop app
1. Open the Skype app and click “New Chat.”
2. In the dropdown menu, choose “New Private Conversation.”
3. In the pop-up window, choose the contact you want to chat with.
4. If this is the first time you’re having a private conversation with this person, an invitation will be sent automatically, and the conversation will start after the invite is accepted. If you’ve already had a private conversation with this person on this computer, you can start messaging right away.
How to start a private conversation on Skype on the mobile app
1. Open the Skype app and tap the New Chat icon (it’s shaped like a pencil).
2. On the New Chat page, choose “New Private Conversation.”
3. Choose the contact you want to chat with.
4. …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech