A 6-month-old baby died on Wednesday from an Aspergillus mold infection she contracted at Seattle Children’s hospital while undergoing three separate open-heart surgeries.

Elizabeth “Beth” Hutt’s parents, Katie and Micah Hutt, shared a Facebook post on Wednesday morning revealing that their young daughter had succumbed to the infection.

“Late last night, Beth told us she was ready. I cannot begin to express the gratitude we have for the team that worked through the night to make sure Beth’s transition was as painless and smooth as possible,” the family wrote. “We will post when we’ve had the chance to make plans for celebrating our brave, courageous, beautiful warrior. Please understand that we likely won’t be responding to messages or calls while we figure out what ‘life after’ looks like. Much love, the Hutts.”

The infant had been born with a heart condition in August, and was rushed to Seattle Children’s where she underwent a series of three open-heart surgeries — the first when she was just five days old, according to The Seattle Times.

RELATED: Mold in Seattle Children’s Hospital Leaves One Dead and Five Others Sick

KOMO News, a CNN affiliate, reported that around the same time as her third surgery, which …read more


Source:: People.com

      

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *