I’m covering all the controversies today! And I’m crossing the holiday line to do so. I’ve got Chrissy Tiegen’s Turkey defamation on one side and on the other, I have the Brits coming for Mariah Carey. Specifically, Mariah’s Christmas Anthem: All I Want for Christmas is You. According to Variety, a mobile phone company called I Hate Joy Huawei, conducted a survey among British folk of the Most Annoying Christmas Song and they listed AIWfCiY as number 1. I’m telling you, I. Can. Not.
The full survey results for Britain’s most annoying Christmas song:
1. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
2. Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
3. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
4. Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
5. Last Christmas – Wham!
6. Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
7. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
8. Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
9. Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
10. Jingle Bells – Andrews Sisters
The divine Mistress Carey does not need me to defend her or her song. She’s already turned this article into two-ply and replied to Old Blimey with “I don’t know where that is.” I I could take up much of …read more